We would like to invite you to take a spiritual gift inventory. At Covenant we believe that each and every follower is called to be a minister. As we discover our gifts we begin to find that “sweet spot” in living as we live the life we were destined to live.
The term “spiritual gifts” has become synonymous with the specific ways Christians are equipped to do God’s work, including everything from preaching to being naturally hospitable. When it comes to our spiritual giftedness, the Holy Spirit is the one doing the bestowing, and we should consider ourselves blessed to be the recipients. But it’s a sad fact that many of us acknowledge that the Holy Spirit gifts individual Christians, but we in reality have no idea how He’s gifted us or how to employ the gifts we know we have.
Here are a few things Scripture tells us about spiritual gifts:
- Each believer is given at least one gift (1 Corinthians 12:7).
- The Holy Spirit determines who receives which gifts (1 Corinthians 12:11).
- Each gift is equally valuable (1 Corinthians 12:21-26).
- We are to use our gifts to serve others for the benefit of the body (Romans 12:6-8; Ephesians 4:12).
- We are commanded to use our gifts (1 Peter 4:10).
- Exercising our gifts will help us develop spiritual maturity (Ephesians 4:13).
Curious how the Spirit has gifted you?
Here is another resource to help you discover your gifts. The on-line version above is good and helpful. Here is one you can download if that is helpful. Download the Spiritual Gifts Survey. Once you’ve identified your spiritual gifts, e-mail us at email@example.com and let us know you have taken the survey. We would love to contact you and help you figure out how to start using those gifts in ministry!